Dental Implants – East Millinocket, ME
Replace Missing Teeth for Life
Even one lost natural tooth can lead to severe, lasting consequences for a patient. Not only does their oral health suffer a damaging blow, but their smile’s confidence and ability to function is likely to falter as well. At Katahdin Family Dental, Dr. Delaney wants to help you explore your tooth replacement options as soon as possible. Dental implants are our top recommendation in most cases because of their valuable health benefits, their comprehensively successful structure, and their exceptional longevity. Our team can even perform every stage of the treatment process, including the surgical components, right here in-office for maximum convenience! To schedule an implant consultation, contact our East Millinocket, ME location today.
Why Choose Katahdin Family Dental for Dental Implants
- Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentists (AAID)
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Dental Implant Placement & Restoration in One Convenient Location
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Unlike more traditional services, dental implants rebuild both the root and the crown (the visible portion) of a natural tooth. With a new “root” in place, the patient’s healthy jawbone is successfully preserved.
- Implant-retained teeth are highly functional, durable, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Dental implants can be cared for like regular teeth without any restrictive regulations regarding diet and oral hygiene.
- With proper maintenance, dental implants can last for several decades or even the rest of a patient’s life.
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
Dental implants can benefit patients facing a wide variety of reconstructive needs, from single gaps to comprehensive tooth loss. First, the implant or implants are surgically placed within the jawbone, followed by a months-long healing process that’s known as “osseointegration” where they gradually bond with the natural oral tissue and bone. Once it’s time to restore the implants, there are several available options:
Replacing a Single Tooth
When rebuilding individual teeth, an all-porcelain, implant-retained dental crown is an excellent choice. This conservative type of restoration can fit right in alongside natural teeth without requiring any significant alterations, attaching over a single placed implant. It’s likely that those around you won’t even be able to point out which tooth isn’t “real” after some time has passed.
Replacing Multiple Missing Teeth
If multiple teeth that once appeared together in a row have been lost, an implant-retained dental bridge can replace them attractively and sturdily. This type of prosthetic works by attaching to just two implants place on either side of the gap. These implants work as “anchors” that hold the new teeth securely in place, allowing for proper biting function and preventing natural teeth from gradually shifting into the gap over time.
What Do Dental Implants Cost?
The cost of dental implants has several complex components, including the initial surgical procedure, the need for abutments (connectors), and the chosen restoration(s). For this reason, Dr. Delaney will need to perform an implant consultation before our team can provide a confident estimate regarding the overall price. Although this state-of-the-art service is certainly an investment, patients can expect to reap the rewards for the rest of their life without the need for costly replacements and repairs.